Complete the following questions in an MS Word Document in APA format. Double space your work and use APA formatting (example, Arial-11-point or 12-point font using Times New Roman). You must include both a separate cover and reference page.
- Understand Access Control Protocols: The two basic forms of medium access control protocols are CSMA/CD, which is found on star-wired bus local area networks, and CSMA/CA, which is found on wireless local area networks. List the differences and similarities of these two protocols. Why would two be needed? Discuss why CSMA/CD would not be a good choice for a wireless network.
- Price vs. Performance Scenario: Your Company is opening a new office and you have been selected to be the IT person. Money is tight and everything (hardware and software) must be newly provisioned. You will be deploying in an office with 100 people, including a demanding General Manager. There is a “good amount” of file sharing within the office (which is what your boss said when you asked him that question). Everyone wants fast Internet (no external application serving will be taking place from the office), but there will be email.
You decide to utilize the six value chain activities to meet the needs of the organization. Your first step is to research the differences in all components, performance, and costs between 100-Mbps. LAN and 1000-Mbps LAN configurations.
- Include a table showing the performance and price difference.
- Given the cost differences, which system would you recommend?
- Will your choice affect the Internet speed of the users?
- How would you deliver value and support the needs of the organization? (Hint: the six value chain activities).
- Understand the network design process: You create a brief report for the organization and discuss at least two of the differences and similarities between a physical network design and a virtual design. (Hint: think blueprint). You assess the overall importance of design when it comes to building network infrastructure (Hint: does the design accomplish its purpose?).
- Become an expert on switches: In your report: you include why switches are a very important component in any network. You provide a technical description of the internal operation of a basic switch. You include how and why is it different from a hub? You include your opinion on which (switch or hub) is the better choice for the network.