Behavior Strategy Plan
Develop a behavior plan: please see the attachment below with a select number of scenarios. You will develop a behavior plan which will include strategies that replace the behavior in question with an acceptable behavior. The plan you write should include a grid using the ABC format (Antecedent, Behavior, Consequence) and a descriiption of the strategies you will use in the classroom.
Select three scenarios, identify the reason for each behavior and list two strategies to use in the classroom to change the undesirable behaviors. You may use the table below to organize your information. A paper must be submitted for this assignment. The paper is to be completed in APA format, Example: Times New Roman 12 Font. The paper should include each scenario, the behavior, function of the behavior and strategies to change the behavior. Elaborate on the rationale in selecting your consequences for each behavior. Tell me how long the strategy should be put in place before a change occurs. What should you do if your plan is not successful?
Function of the behavior
Strategies to change the behavior
1. Barbara is a kindergarten student with special needs. She has been assigned an instructional assistant to support her during her academic activities. She continually bites her neighbor when the assistant is helping other children at her table. The teacher has removed Barbara from the group but she continues to bite whenever her assistant is not near by and children come near.
2. Quentin is five and has never been in school before. It is October and he has just entered kindergarten class. He has difficulty walking in a line when going to the cafeteria and once they arrive he does not like to wait for his lunch without poking the other children inline. When this teacher removes him from the line he becomes upset and cries uncontrollably.
3. Tommy is 4 years old and very energetic. At the end of free time he refuses to clean up his area. The teacher has given him two verbal prompts without Tommy responding and now has sent him to time out where he happily goes to and watches his classmates clean up.
4. Sheila is four and has just arrived from Bosnia and does not speak English. She cries and tantrums when her mother leaves her at school in the morning. The teacher tries to comfort her but this does not always work. When Sheila calms down she does not participate in any activities. She sits by herself and waits for her mother to return.
5. Nicole is six years old and refuses to participate in centers if she doesn’t get to use the computers as her first choice. She bothers the other children on the computer until the teacher lets her use the computer.
Are you looking for a custom made solution (original essay) on the same question or a similar one?
We have prepared thousands papers to our clients around the world in the last ten years.
We really respect our clients’ privacy.
We guarantee original work with a free plagiarism report and high grades in your homework.
Proceed and place an order with us….get sufficient time to study for your main exams!
Behavior Strategy Plan